Is there a 300B type amp out there with some WATTS behind it?

I recently acquired a Feliks Audio Arioso 300B amp.  To put it simply, it is incredible.  I understand one way to tackle the issue of using SET amps is with high sensitivity speakers.  Is there a 300B or something that gives you that same sound out there with power so you have more speaker options?

audiovicker

Showing 1 response by blisshifi

One more to consider that isn’t a 300B is the Margules I-240 integrated amplifier. While it employs a quad of EL34 to produce 25wpc, it is unlike any other EL34 amp I’ve ever heard. It delivers the golden bloom from the midbass to lower midrange and is slightly softer on the frequency extremes very similar to good 300B amps. And on its own, with no sub and speakers 87db and up it can fill a medium to large room with no problem. Margules has been getting some great attention in the press and in the national shows these past two years.

I am a Margules dealer, but have first hand experience owning 4-5 other very good 300B amps in the past.

If an integrated is not suitable, I will also be receiving the Margules U-280SC 30th Anniversary Limited Edition amps in a week or so and can report my findings once that unit breaks in. It uses. Quad of KT-88, so I expect a different sound signature, but I was blown away hearing them with Raidho at AXPONA last year.  I’m very excited for this amp to arrive.