Is something wrong with my hearing?

I am a devoted analog fan as you can tell from my username ;). Couple months ago, I decided to buy a Dac and ended up with a Denafrips r2r Dac connected to a macbook and bought Audirvana software to get my ears used to Hi res digital files so I don’t have to get up while I am working to change records. Well, I really start getting Lazy and I focused on listening to digital file for most of my weekdays. I kept reading more about streamers and I finally decided to get my feet wet and purchase a Sonore Microrendu v1.4 and 2.8 Software + ifi power adapter. I noticed an improvement but not as big of improvement as I kept reading on some websites. Is my head programmed to just appreciate the sound of Vinyl To the point that I can not distinguish the difference between computers or streamers? Is the improvement really not that big? What am I doing wrong? 
128x128analoguefan

Showing 1 response by tomic601

+ @steakster 

some of us Are pursuing Excellence in the digital and analog domains and can appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of both. There is a world of hyper well recorded digital music out there simply unavailable in the hallowed black disc and even more rare in high speed tape. Your helpful answer is appreciated by me.