Is Marantz AV8805 good enough pre amp for McIntosh MC8207

In the market for a new preamp to hook up to my MC8207 and was wondering if the Marantz AV8805 is worth the investment. I was gonna go with the McIntosh MX-122 but that thing is already outdated when it comes to new features and it costs twice as much. I don't have a store to go to to listen to the AV8805 and this is gonna be a blind buy for me this time. This setup is gonna be for my new home theater room that I am about to start building and planning to add another McIntosh amp down the road for the rest of the speakers and probably it's gonna be another MC8207 to be able to fully use the 8805.
tomiiv30

Showing 1 response by sonyesman2

I have had the 8805 in my video room for over a month now. It is a very nice sounding piece. It is significantly more open and better sounding than my twenty year old Theta Casanova. It integrates well with my rotel/ Focal setup. I recommend this piece for those who want a hybrid, both 2 channel listening and want a state of the art theater room. The Audysey Platinum software makes tuning a room a breeze.