Is it better to mount Sony HT A9 speakers or use stands?

I'll be installing an HT A9 setup with SW 5 sub.  I could mount them or use stands in the front and top of bookcase in the back.  Is there a preference and preferred height?

Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd

Showing 2 responses by deep_333

@dbphd 

For optimal results with the 360 spatial mapping cal:

- Place them on stands, like you would place bedlayer speakers (2 fronts, 2 surrounds) in a atmos setup. 

- Try to place all 4 speakers equidistant from the listener

- A flat ceiling is preferred with no obstacles (such as a ceiling fan, chandelier, etc) for optimal results from the upfiring drivers.

Personally I would return this setup

p and go focal dome flax with a receiver and a rear amplifier with a wireless transmitter

This sony st is never going to sound great

i design theaters

@audiotroy , I have this HT-A9+sub in my bedroom. Spouse and I use it to watch tv/listen to music.

Just curious...Have you heard it set up correctly? Or are you bashing it without hearing it? You could be quite surprised if you heard it (keeping expectations realistic, of course)

IME, it is very non-intrusive and sounds quite good in a room with strict WAF requirements for non-intrusive gear....sounds a whole lot better than lousy soundbars...Sony's 360 SSM is a breakthrough for above mentioned purpose.

P.S

I also have at least one cost no object category hifi rig and a no compromise multichannel rig... Pretty sure i have a point of reference...