Is ebay feedback worth anything on Audiogon?

I guess I'm curious as to the value of stating "check my feedback on ebay" when someone has little or no audiogon feedback history. While I may be cautious of new sellers here (it doesn't mean I won't buy from them, I do and we were all new once), sending me to ebay for feedback usually turns me away from the ad. I don't buy or sell on ebay because it's such a scammers paradise. Does ebay feedback matter?
Another thing while I'm up at 4am, how hard is it to put the "New Retail" price in the ad? Items that are 4-5 years old I understand, memory fades, but something bought within the last year or within the last month? If I have to do the seller's reseach in this regard, I skip the ad. All of those boxes are there to fill out to help sellers. The more information, the better.
It's 5:30 now and I guess I'll get some coffee. Good morning everybody.
mt10425
If it's under the same username then I like to know about it if the person here has little feedback. It helps. My Ebay feedback is 260 and I use the same username at all sites so everybody will know it's me. I've not had any significant problem on Audiogon and have had only 2 on Ebay. Fortunately most people are honest but I'm always wary. Last deal here this guy actually sent me the amp before he got any money which made me feel good that he trusted me. We talked on the phone a couple of times and phone conversations I think are worth alot to both parties.
I never take Ebay feedback into consideration. If someone doesn't have Audiogon feedback, fine, they are new here. I would be just a bit more cautious and do a little more due diligence (I am generally pretty paranoid to begin with). Ebay feedback does not impress me at all - no offense intended to you Ebay power sellers.

Like others here, I typically require a telephone conversation before sending money. I enjoy chatting with fellow hobbyists and I have met some very interesting people this way. That's one thing that I really like about Audiogon, almost everyone here is a hobbyist, even if they regularly make a profit through their transactions.

For the record: I have been hosed once on Ebay and once on Audiogon.
Interesting thread.
No one who has ever contacted us through audiogon and
told us to check their ebay feedback has ever bought anything.
"Check my ebay feedback" is kind of an inside dealer joke.
"A+++ ebayer super sale" (ie; $4 sale...).
A staff member at a hifi site once told us:
"For an accurate ebay feedback rating just take
the members ebay feedback and divide it by 100".
I am extremely cautious about anyone out there with little prior feedback and then gives the "E-Bay Feedback" line. Just for starters, my original E-Bay account has been terminated due to E-Bay's inability to stop someone that hacked my original account. What passes for account "Security" on E-Bay is a joke in my mind. And I have largely stopped doing business on E-Bay because of my poor experiences with them.
In more than a few cases, I have purchased items for a few dollars more from people with lots of feedback on Audiogon rather than dealing with some newby that has the same item with little or no feedback.