Is break in quicker with Planars and Stats?

I ordered new Neo ribbon midrange panels for my VMPS FF3SRE and they shipped today so I got to thinking...
I have never purchased a higher end speaker new so I wonder if there is a quicker breakin for Planar and Electrostat models because of the very different mechanical properties, I dont remeber ever reading this topic so curious what others think. I have owned sealed, ported, transmission line, Planars and Electrostats but again never a brand new quality model.
I also had the all crossovers upgraded so thats another issue with breakin but as far as the drivers what do you guys think? Thanks for entertaining me.
chadnliz
Speaker break in will be the same because what is being broken in is the listener not the speaker. Neither the transducers nor, in particular, the crossover components should change after the first 2 seconds of use, unless they have been just taken out of a freezing semi - and even then once they come up to room temperature there should not be any further changes. I suspect that the idea of break in arose from vendors who displayed speakers in an acoustically well designed room and driven by high end amplifiers, likely playing music selected by the sale staff. When the person gets them home into a different acoustic environment with a lower grad amp and music not optimized for display purposes, he or she is disapointed - hence - the break in theory proffered by the sellers. It works because after a while a lot of people will get used to the sound, associate it with leisure time etc and believe that their speakers have indeed broken in. What makes people willing to do this - most people don't like to think they got a bad deal or did not get what they thought they were getting. Fortunately, there are very good respectable companies making very good products - so you will probably be very happy right off the bat.
It's a shame that the information Musicnoise typed out gets run at Audiogon. Invariably there will be newbees that believe what he said and possibly sell a good pair of speakers before ever knowing what they really sound like.

Lightminer is correct:

with Magnepans at least you can take a Radio Shack SPL meter and measure the falloff at a certain level of input in bass, and 3 months later the response curve is different. I don't know as much about cone speakers and personal experience with breakin but I can say scientifically that the Maggie 3.6s sound *very* different on 1st day and 3 months later. And, as I said, I can verify this with instruments and graphs.

Both scientifically and by common sense and old fashioned listening to music.
Albert...I must respectfully disagree that we should not be allowed to see the opinion of Musicnoise. I would tend to side with you in this debate, but let's not get carried away. I have found myself on several extended business trips "getting used to" the horrible sound of my laptop. There is something to be said for our ability to adjust, and cope with, less than ideal sound.
Sure, we can all learn to cope but that is very different than spreading information as truth that is not.

There is not nearly the network of dealers and support as when I first got into this business and lots of people use the internet for all their information. When information such as "speakers don't really break in" gets taken as fact, then someone can get burned.

Frankly I wish it were simple, just plug and play and all is well. The truth is, break in a fact of life and applies to everything from CRT monitors to disc brake pads, auto engines, Teflon wire, audio capacitors, speaker surrounds and even phono cartridges.

It's not voodoo and should not be hard to understand, if you stop to think about the mechanics involved.
Wow, musicnoise needs to reinvent his name, it should say Iamjustnoise :)
While I understamd we become acclimated to gear we get to know anyone who truely thinks any speaker is warmed up after 2 seconds has no business giving advice, let me guess he also thinks all amps sound the same, no cables make any difference and a CD player is a CD player.
While I am not trying to start a big fight I also do not welcome the idea that break in doesnt happen, I am simply wondering if a speaker made of different material would take less time to optimize and I still have no clear answer but that in itself appears to answer my question.