Is a Power Wedge 116 any good?

I have an old Power Wedge 116 conditioner (1996), and it's the the MK2 with the removeable power cable. I was thinking about upgrading the stock cable with a good modern one.

Will such a combo give me decent results?
kennythekey

Showing 2 responses by shinytoys

I have the 116, love it, sent it back to the factory to have it upgraded with all current stuff including their trick electrical cable and plug. Cost 450.00 to mod it. It is a fine piece.
Not only do I have the 116 that was updated 1 year ago, I have a 112 and 2 APC 1's, all in the same system.
The gear is super, and my system is expansive. I have Krell electronics, front end, Maggie 3.6 planars, the APC stuff works.
APC is really no longer doing much in the home gear world. They have moved on to much larger installations in much larger applications. The upgrades they provided for me were military and hospital grade spec.

Is it true that PS audio makes better, more progressive, more updated gear, maybe. But at what cost?
Last time I checked the piece I would have to purchase to start replacing my gear had a retail price of 2 grand. That only handles one side of the equation for me. The original APC gear was very good. It can be updated and made very competitive in terms of performance and you can still stomp on the dollar invested issue.