Showing 14 responses by oregonpapa

From the article:

• " Quantum Science Audio Ultra High-End Fuse ($2,844 ea):  My first reaction to hearing about the benefits of changing to these fuses was incredulity, to say the least. Then, when learning the price, I actually laughed out loud and said ”no way, I don’t give a s**t  what they do.” I now have to admit that I have to eat those words. The sonic improvements these fuses make are simply astonishing and that is an understatement. In my system (Behold BPA768 amp & pre-amp), there were immediate and DRAMATIC improvements in every aspect of sound that you can think of, (bass, midrange purity, sweet highs, immense soundstage, etc.) with the result that everything becomes more like the real thing and listening pleasure is increased to a level that continues to amaze.  Are they worth the money? Let’s just say I, and others, have spent far more for an improvement in sound that falls far short of what these things do.  (Ron Cook)"

^^^ I've read that Tom Cruise's audio system set him back over a million dollars. So for someone like that, $2844.00 is chicken feed.

millercarbon >>>

• "We've got some stuff we could stick on there do the same thing, don't we, Frank?"
Things are sounding mighty fine over here, MC. With the lights out, sometimes it is downright scary. Amazing what lowering the noise floor can do to an audio system. 

Frank
"Just how many here went to the link I provided and listened to what the engineers at Yamaha found?"

Me three. 
  • "By even starting a stupid post like this, make those that have even paid as much as $150!!! for a 10c fuse look just as gullible and been shafted big time also." 

Tell an engineer that he's wrong and he will hound you for the rest of your life in an attempt to convince you that he's right. It's the nature of the beast. They just cannot take criticism. 

Frank
The article/review states that if there is a fuse failure in the first year of use, it will be replaced free of charge, no matter the reason, even if it was the user's fault.

Just in case I find myself in a position where I’ll have to manoeuvre myself some leniency while trying to get out of a serious offence, I’m thinking of trying one of the Yellow ones in my line-stage at $212.00 to compare with the current issue SR Orange fuse at $159.00.

I promise a fair and complete review.

Is there a 30-day return policy on the yellow one?

Frank
No car payment here, and no house payment either. Fuses, here we come. :-)

Frank
  • "Living the life with no debt, go purple to start or yellow."

A "Yellow" for the line stage has been ordered.
ozzy ...

• No car payment or house payment either.
  • But, there is the wife...
I had the same problem. Then one day, she said: "If you come home with one more record, I'm going to leave you!" You know Ozzy ... I kind of miss her sometimes. 

Frank

Hennie Youngman said it best ... "Now then, take my wife ... PLEASE, take my wife!"

" I’ve been in love with the same woman for 41 years if my wife finds out she'll kill me!"

"Someone stole all my credit cards, but I won't be reporting it. The thief spends less than my wife did."

"We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops."

"My wife and I went back to the hotel where we spent our wedding night. Only this time, I stayed in the bathroom and cried."

"She was at the beauty shop for two hours. That was only for the estimate."

Okay, back to praising and bashing fuses. 

Frank