Intriguing inquiry, are floor-stand speakers always better than active speakers?

Hi guys,

Just a general wondering though, nowadays I've seen a lot of new active speakers, and truth to be told, I find them quite professional indeed, when I go into an audio shop and ask some advice, some might even encourage to purchase the bookshelf speakers, as they're more cost-effective and space-saving hahah.

All that asides, regarding the sound quality matter, it ain't bad at all, but I'm not sure if it's my living room just not that big or some technical matters, the sound experience is actually vivid, but yeah I also think when you put the extra circuit inside the speaker for amplifying use, it'd certainly affect the original performance more or less. Especially under this digital streaming era, every part seems to be specifically separated, so it can perform to its fullest, and lessen the interference between each device.

Anyways, let me know what you think, I'd be grateful, or maybe share you existing setup with us!

Best,

preston8452

Showing 2 responses by whitefishpoint1175

@artemus_5 and that is good for you.

I will formulate my finding based on experiences not on what someone says on these pages.

Neither of you have listened to what all is out there nor have I. So his opinions are based on his 50 years of limited experiences. Your opinion is based on his opinion and total lack of experience. You often agree because of fact or that you are easily swayed?

I prefer to find out for myself.

Yet many reviewers ask this question.

So have you listened to the ATC SCM40A or the 19A, How about the offerings from Goldenear, Grimm, Kii, Avantagarde Acoustics, PMC, Focal, and on and on.

Bet not. I know I have not yet many of these powered monitors are the choice of audio engineers for studio use over passive, wonder why?

Just thoughts no opinions.

You can lead a horse to water…….