Integrateds: Luxman vs. Ayre?

This shootout is between the Luxman 507x and Ayre EX-8 2.0

Currently I own a Luxman 507x.  Rather happy with it... but...

I use a separate streamer (Pi/Roon) and DAC (Mytek Brooklyn) for music and an external Anthem processor to feed it HT 2 channel.

My thinking is, the EX-8 would let me eliminate the DAC/streamer AND it has a separate sub out. 

The issue is I've not heard the Ayre integrated, only the separates and I really like them, though they do seem to have a distinct sound to them. 

Thoughts?

erik_squires

Showing 2 responses by joc3021

Ayre all day.  I am biased, I use an AX 5 and QX5.  But I landed there after many years of a lot of different gear.  Have used with many different speakers, cables, streamers, etc.  It always sounds very good. Also, good company support, unique tech  and US made. Lots of great gear out there.  I like supporting the small, US companies that are committed to high performance audio  and maintain contact with their customers. There's still a few of them around.

8 series Ayre and dac they use in them is very good, and way better than alternatives in its price class (IMO). But yes, QX 5 twenty is better, but it's closer than I thought it would be.  I consider the QX 5 a reference DAC comparable to anything out there.  One man's experience....