Integrateds, for $1000.00

Dear Audiophiles, I've saved up $1000 to buy an integrated amp for my psb stratus bronze speakers. Please give me your recommendation and reasons. I'm relying on your honest advice, the salemen only recommend what they have, and I'm conused. Thanking you in advance...Bennett
hififile
You should consider the Audio Refinemant Complete made by YBA. Great sounding unit retail price is $1000.00 I have one for sale for $750.00.
Being tube oriented, I highly recommend either the Jolida 502 or 302. Having owned both, I can say that they are great sounding integrateds and a true value at their pricepoints.
Oh yeah, Anthem makes a great integrated also. And just by chance, there is one on Ebay for $550 right now. No one has bid on it because they don't know any better. :-)
Run to your Golden Tube Audio dealer and check out the SI 50 MK2 remote controlled integrated. It has generous power, the tubes are inexpensive, and depending on how efficient your speakers are, it will fill a small to medium sized room with sound. I use one with a pair of Snell E-type 3's with Tara Labs interconnects and speaker cables and the results are glorious. I often listen to new cd's on this system first, even though it is my smallest and least powerful, because it will often provide the most pure musical enjoyment. A treat to be sure.
Take a look at the Plinius 2100i. It has recently been upgraded and is supposed to sound very much like (if not identical to) the extraordinary 8150. US list price is $2000, but can be bought new for a price close to your target.