Integrated Recommendation

Looking for an integrated for my Totem Mani 2s. I understand the high power / current requirement. Budget around $1500, new or used.

Currently considering a) Peachtree Nova 125 or b) Musical Fidelity A5 and a decent DAC. Sources are streaming files and vinyl.

Which will be more satisfying long term? Other ideas are welcome!
mdooty
Mdooty-If you like the hybrid option consider a 2nd hand Valve Audio-Predator. I own one and trust me it has plenty of watts/current. The Predator is very neutral, tube rolling can help dial it in with your speakers. The only major weakness(have not tried 7308 tubes) with the Predator is it's not the most "open" sounding amp but that's a minor issue when considering cost. FWIW i've heard several of the amps mentioned and the Predator is superior.
Before I settled into my Rogue M-180's I was driving my Mani-2's with a Wyred4Sound STI-500 (550W into 4 ohms). It had great, tight bass control which, if your environment is anything like mine, the Manis will love. The upper end was razor sharp in detail. No onboard phono stage, but that's not a very difficult problem to solve. I really liked it a lot, but I got a case of upgrade fever when I found the Rogues at a price I couldn't refuse.
The W4S is currently in my second system, but I've been thinking of selling it since it doesn't get much use. I'll be listing it sooner or later, but if you have an interest let me know and I'll get off my butt and do it sooner.
Jerry
Peachtree Nova 125. I just sold mine and bought the Peachtree Grand X-1. Excellent integrated amps.
Mdooty-
I went through five amp auditions before I found the W4S, and then the Rogue M-180s. My only advice is do not (and you can underline that or put it in bold caps) skimp on power. Chayro is 100% correct, the Mani's will leave lower power amps wheezing. I was assured that every other amp I auditioned before the W4S would pair well with my Mani-2s. So not true. It was a long, albeit sometimes fun, process to find a good match while staying in budget. Don't waste your time on any lower powered amps no matter what the seller claims. I have the paid freight bills to prove it. About the looks of the STI-500? Can't disagree, but I found its performance and features more than made up for it. Happy hunting.
Jerry