Integrated for Cornwall IV

I'm currently running a Lyngdorf TDIA 3400 on my Cornwalls. Don't get me wrong, it sounds very good. To me the main selling point of the Lyngdorf is the Room Perfect Room correction. It's made a significant improvement on every speaker I've owned but on the Cornwalls not so much. Sometimes I prefer it off and sometimes on. On my Focals I just sold it was always on, no question.

So I am thinking of changing the Lyngdorf out for a Class A integrated or a tube integrated. Couple I've been eyeing are the Sugden A21SE, Ayon Spirit (guy I bought them from was using an Ayon integrated and it sounded really good), Octave V40??? Any suggestions very welcomed.  

Criteria: I like all kinds of music so needs to play metal/rock with impact as well as acoustic type music. Must have a preout for subs. 

Thanks

mofojo

You have speakers with 102db at 1W which means you can use amplifiers with only 0.7W. You have a lot of choices, class A amplifiers like the Sugden (also check the INT25 out) but also valve amplifiers. I also like the philosophy behind the FirstWatt SIT-4, which has SIT transistors (they have characteristics similar to valve triodes).

Another vote for the Accuphase E-280. I own the E-380, and I’m very pleased, though don’t run Klipsch (Totem Forest Signature). The high efficiency of the Cornwall should make the E-280 plenty powerful. Enjoy the misc.

BELLES with Klipsch...Beautiful.  This combo is like going to a live concert...Tones down the brightness but leaves all the detail...That's what you want.

@mofojo if SS is in the cards, I’m guessing the latest Krell integrated, think it’s the 300i would be a great match.

It has the first 90 watts in class A, should pair really well with the Cornwallis.

Good Luck.

Post removed