Integrated amp to drive ProAc 1sc

I am looking for suggestions on Tube or ss integrated amps to drive my 1sc's. Any one with hands on experience please advise me. I am starting from scratch and will be purchasing a turntable and probably a DVD/CD player (for use with video as well as audio) I have purchased the 1sc's and have had a pair in the past. I know there limitations in the spl and bass response and am also considering a powered Sub. I listen to a wide range of music, but tend to stay away from most pop and country. Jazz (elecric and acoustic) Prog rock, folk, adult contemporary (not elevator) and some classical (not often). I don't want to break the bank. I am interested in the VAC Avatar for its ultra liniar/triod switching ability. I am not too sure about low powered SET amps for the reason only that I am conserned about there ability to push these speakers to reasonable volumes.

Thanks in advance!
pepler
I've tried the Simaudio Moon I-5 and Electrocompaniet ECI-3 with ProAc 1SCs and feel that they definitely prefer being driven by tubes. My current system includes a solid state BAT VK200 amp, Kora Hermes tube DAC and a Blue Circle tube preamp. I've used this set up with Response 1SCs and Response 2.5s, and it's allowed me to enjoy the midrange of tubes along with the control and power of solid state.

I think the VAC Avatar is an excellent place to start your search. Who knows, it may end right there!
You cant go wrong with the Cary 300 SEI Integrated.
This is the Stereophile setup they used to test the 1SC.

Here are the stereophile reviews:
ProAc 1SC
http://www.stereophile.com/loudspeakerreviews/386/

Cary 300SEI Integrated
http://www.stereophile.com/amplificationreviews/398/
You may also like to include Audio Note Soro SE tube integrated in your list. It also has a phono input which you may need for your turntable. Another one to consider may be Union Research SK2. Like yourselve, I also have Response 1sc, and I'm running them with Audio Note Pre/power amps. Personally, I think 1sc sounds best with tube amps but if you decide to go to SS, you may also try NAIM Nait5 integrated or Ayre AX7 integrated. Good luck.
Peter
Anyone else find the 1sc a bit bright and etched sounding? I can't imagine using many SS or any ARC amps with it. Now the Resonse 2, 2s, and 2.5s, yes. Also, it seems people are saying 300B SETs are powerful enough to drive this speaker - I presume this would be in a small room?
Hmm... Haven't listened to the 1sc, my experience is w/the 2s and 3.8s. I used to run Quicksilver mono amps with my 2s, which was a nice combination, but a little on the dark side... If the 1scs are hot, the Quickies might be a decent match...