InnuOS Sense 2.6.0.

The update contains a major upgrade to Sound quality. My Zenith Mk3 sings like never before. Any similar experiences?

antigrunge2

@thyname Tidal "Max" is their streaming service tier that offers at least CD quality (16-bit/44.1KHz) files, and for roughly 10% of their catalog, it offers higher resolution streams at up to 24-bit/192KHz. 

Like John Darko often says on his YouTube channel, the devil in the details is that the "best" most services can offer is still CD quality (which isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination), while about 10% can be higher quality. 

Is it worth the price difference?  That's up to you.  I'm on their Hi-Fi tier (CD quality) and am happy. 

They are also in the process of removing MQA encoded content and replacing it with higher resolution FLAC files. 

My $64K question to them (which they probably won't ever answer) is whether the CD quality files I stream are ones given to them "as is" from the record labels, or are they re-encoded ones from their earlier MQA files?  

I'd like to know that the files I'm streaming are the same as I'd get from a commercially bought Redbook CD, but I don't have the software or equipment to verify that. 

Just finished a 5am remote session with Innuos tech.

2 hours and viola!

I’m back up and running.

In end, they said it was the HID method that Marantz/Technics use. They had to turn off settings that conflicted with the DAC (internal DAC of my SA-KI Ruby).
They mentioned that it should be OK restarting from now on, unless there is a specific sequence needed, but best procedure/practice is to power on the Zen Mini MKIII before the SA-KI Ruby.

Shout out to Nuno Vitarino, R&D Director and Laurent Gansen, Customer Support Engineer at Innuos for stepping in to help a customer in need.
Exceptional customer service and support.

Great to hear, and yes, lot's of good feedback for the folks at Innuos. Sense didn't exist when I bought my Zenith and to see where they have taken it is nothing short of amazing...Kudos to them!

moonwatcher

299 posts

@thyname Tidal "Max" is their streaming service tier that offers at least CD quality (16-bit/44.1KHz) files, and for roughly 10% of their catalog, it offers higher resolution streams at up to 24-bit/192KHz. 

I have Tidal HiFi Plus. I am in US. I looked up my account and that’s top tier I see. Still no clue what the Tidal MAX is. Thanks for chiming in

Post removed