Innuos PhoenixNet connectivity to ND555

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about connecting the Innuos PhoenixNet to the ND555. First off I have a 5m Chord Signature network cable and it is directly connected to the ND555 stream but somewhat goes across the room because of it's length from the router. I also have a computer switch and was wondering if it was a good idea to connect the Signature cable to the computer switch, which uses regular cat6 cable and I have length on that, and then connect the PhoenixNet to the Signature and then from the PhoenixNet Chord Music to the ND555?

Also I was wondering if it was a good thing to put the PhoenixNet on a standing desk that moves up and down? Again it is more about cable length and proximity. My stereo setup is for the home office with new fields (Harbeth P3EXR 3D) as opposed to being in a listening room. I heard that the PhoenixNet needs to settle for a week from transport movement to be at its best but would the movement of the stand up/sit down office desk degrade the audio SQ?

Thanks in advance for your comments!

joasop

I would PM John Rutan (audioconnection). He sells Innuos, and even told me the PhoenixNet was a good addition. So, I am sure he can give you the best information.

Bob

Post removed 

Hi Loren. Thanks for responding. In your first paragraph when you mention 2 options. Are they not the same? Or for your first suggestion do you mean connect the Phoenix to the router (direct internet) and bypass the switch?

I bought an 8m Shunyata Omega ethernet cable. I tried it connected to the switch and directly to the router. I for some reason it sounds a bit better and cleaner on the router. I don't know if it is true though and just my mind playing tricks.

Overall the sound quality is great. I can't complain about the sound coming out of my system. The Phoenix seems to be fine on the standing desk and I move it up and down at least 3 times a day and I don't hear any major differences.