Innuos and Roon?

I have been testing the new Innuos Pulse Mini and really liking the sound. Been using to stream to a R2R DAC by USB in a headphone setup and I think it might just edge out the Lumin U1 Mini with LPS for musical presentation and organic sound....maybe not for overall detail.

But I was concerned with what I read from Feb 2023 on the Roon forum. Can anyone comment??? I am using as a Roon endpoint without any issues.

dannyDanny Dulai Roon Labs Founder

This device is not Roon Ready or Roon Tested and we do not actively support Roon Core on this device (or line of devices).

If you find it running Roon Core or Roon endpoint support, they violate our terms and conditions and steal our intellectual property.

We are encouraging them to become Roon Ready, but there has been no movement there yet.

If you want to use this product with Roon, wait for proper Roon Ready support or expect it to break at some point in the future.

calieng

Good question.  No DSP with Sense.   Sense offers better sound quality because the software is less demanding on the Innuos hardware and designed to deliver the best sound possible with Innuos gear.  Just try it and you will love the sound 🙂.  

Agreed on the comments about Sense. Superior sound quality to Roon. I have the life license for Roon but use Sense all the time 

I used to use Roon but no longer do so after I incorporated a PULSE into my system. Don't miss it either. The Sense app is great and is without a doubt better than Roon.

Can someone please explain in simple language what is the roon end point vs roon core?

Do you mean by end point that you can use your phone or computer where roon software is installed and be able to manage the music on the streamer e.g. on Innuos?

If you have the roon nucleus as a core, do you connect it to the streamer? or do you keep it connected directly to the amplifier?

Thank you

One more question. Roon is a streamer, right?

Is the Innous streamer sounding better? or for that matter the rose hifi?

I am thinking of buying rose but I am afraid it will make no differnce in the quality of the sound

Thanks