Infinity RS 2.5 speaker placement

Hello all,

I've been trying to find the perfect spot for these old behemoths. I have tried the Cardas website, but the formula doesn't seem to work perfectly for these, maybe because they are a mix of cone woofers and the mylar? mids and tweets. He suggest toe in for all speakers while the infinity set up manual says to keep them parallel. Room is approximately 11'x20'x8' rectangle. Big window in front that has been covered and also some crochet blankets on the walls to try and soften things up a bit. I'm looking for the best imaging and soundstage I can get out of these. Any help is greatly appreciated. Btw, it's not bad by any means, just trying to find the best way to set up these speakers.
sswanny_1
Hey Sswanny,

If you are in the central NJ area I'd be glad to demo them for you. You could hear the new Apogee diaphragms in action, and maybe get some ideas for your 2.5s.
3 feet from the front wall is enough, and about 30 degrees of toe-in. I had my 2.5s for many years in quite a few different rooms, they are not too picky about placement but they are meant to have a little bass reinforcement with the front wall. Pull them out just enough to get clean bass, then add toe-in to taste. Set the knobs to flat, some might find that too bright so just a little off the tweeter if that sounds good to you.

Thanx, Russ
I will give that a try Russ. I moved the audio rack and coffee table out of the listening area as well to see if that has an impact.