In Memoriam: Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music

I just read this terrible news about the death of Bobby Palkovich of Merlin Music Systems. He was a great guy and this is very, very sad. Rest in peace, Bobby.

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=speakers&m=344617
rebbi
I, too, am shocked and deeply saddened by this.
Over the course of the last 15 years, I had no fewer than 25 phone conversations with Bobby nand this lead to:

1. Thew purchase of my first pair of Merlin VSM-Ms
2. Purchase of a David Berning Z-270 amp
3. Purchase of my second pair of VSM-SEs
4. Purchase of an ARS Sonum Filarmonia

I sold all the gear about 5 years ago when I had to move my gear into a smaller room so that the kids have a bigger rec room. I always believed that I would return to a pair of VSMs in their latest iteration once the kids finished school and I could reclaim the basement once again.

Bobby and I also spent much time discussing golf and various courses we have played. I can't believe that we never met in person.

RIP, my friend.
Sonist survived the passing of Randy Bankert, and Sonist had a considerably smaller following than Merlin does. Merlin has earned a lot of name recognition, credibility, and respect over a lot of years, and I would be surprised if no one takes advantage of that and puts Merlin back in the game.

Duke

i had lots and lots of email conversations with Bobby, brought VSM & Fila to India... cant believe he died... true gentelman.... RIP.. ( return if possible)