Improvement of MacBook Air for Streaming Tidal

OK, admittedly I am a bit ignorant on streaming digital. My analogue gear and knowhow is up to par, but digital...not quite. When not listening to vinyl, for ease of use I usually stream Tidal via my MacBook Air to a DAC (Hegel HD30), then to a preamp(Aric Audio Motherlode) then to amp(Coda Model 16) to speakers(TAD CE1’s). I like how easy it is to navigate my Tidal account and library via the MacBook, but I am also smart enough(I believe) to know that I am losing a lot of the fidelity having to use the USB port out of my laptop.

I ask my audio brethren, what are reasonably priced solutions to raise my digital methodologies so that I get the most out of Tidal?

I thank you in advance for your assistance!

laaudionut

Showing 1 response by mahler123

OP

Keep in mind that streamers are networking computers in audio component 

casework.  The OS and the parts have been optimized for music replay.  Therefore a PC can do everything that a dedicated streamer can do.  Programs like Audirvana are designed to maximize the music streaming functionality of a PC.

I’ve done both.  I definitely prefer dedicated streamers and own several for my 3 systems in my home but it is possible to achieve good sound with a PC.  No one “needs” a streamer.  It’s a choice