Impressions of the JBL L100 Classics?

I am still kind of internet "window shopping" for speakers and because I have had, in the past, good experiences with Music Direct and I think that the 60 day audition period would be great for evaluating speakers, I was wondering if anyone had experience with the JBL "monitors" that they sell, particularly the L100 Classic?

immatthewj

Showing 3 responses by immatthewj

Classic 1970's sound, if you listen to 70's rock they will shine

Thanks, @hiend2  , it's not to often I go that far back in the archives.  I am thinking that these, also, may not be what I am looking for.

Thanks, @scottok  , I will check that out.  MD does sell them, and MD does have a 60 day audition period, but I'd like to have an idea that a speaker is going to do what I want it to first, as I don't want to be shipping speakers back to the seller just for the helluvit.

I have the L100 Classics.  What is it you are looking for?  

Thanks for responding, @rpeluso  .

I guess, to begin with: what are your overall impressions/feelings about this speaker?

Does it seem to suit a certain genre of music?  Does it play better loud than soft or vice versa?  Air, detail, clarity?  Low end?  The picture that Music Direct has shows a knob on the front faces of the speakers under the speaker grille; what does that knob adjust?  I note that it is biwireable; do you biwire and if so is that a noticeable improvement?

Thanks again for responding, and as I think of more questions I will ask you.  Thanks again!