If you have a CD Player, you need to do this periodically...

I would rather imagine that most audiophiles are aware of this, but if not, may I recommend a very easy tweak that has always produced positive results in every system I've had:

Ayre - Irrational, But Efficacious!

Densen - DeMagic

These are System Enhancement Discs which reduces magnetism that has built up during playback. I'm pretty sure there are other products that purport to do the same thing. These two have certainly worked for me. Good listening!!

brauser

Just to add…I also have the Ayre - Irrational, But Efficacious! CD and IsoTec Full System Enhancer CD that really works well. 

I activate the bulk tape eraser then approach the CD label from the side.  I move the eraser back and forth to cover the complete label and then move away from the CD sideways before letting the eraser turn off.  The eraser stays in the plane of the disc. 

pguezze-just curious, did you demagnetize your electronic’s or CD’s with the Radio Shack Bulk Tape Eraser?

Originally bought for CD, I now use it on cables and records. Of course it doesn't really demagnetize CDs or LPs, maybe it is something to do with static electricity I don't know. The effect on CD fades out a lot over about 15 minutes. With LP this is just about right for a side. 

I don't use on electronics because of the way transformers work, if you get very close to one it induces current, you can easily hear the hum. It does the same on all wires of course but transformers have lots of windings, so I avoid them. Tubes have another problem in that the alternating magnetic fields can cause the filaments inside to vibrate, you can hear it. So I avoid them. 

Another factor is the Radio Shack unit is designed for intermittent use. It gets hot and has a thermal shutdown. After some trial and error I figured out what to do and how much and how often to sort of optimize the whole thing. Some might say this is a lot of work for a pretty small payoff. They'd be right. For them. But not for me.