If there was only ONE album/cd/release you can listen to, over and over.............

Your " best ever " recording, which has likely been discussed ad nauseam, would you select, say, if given a choice of only one ( whatever the scenario would be; stranded on an island, locked up in isolation, all music gone, but this one ). As hard as this is, as there are so many to choose from, I have selected " A Tribute To Jack Johnson ", by the esteemed Miles Davis ( 1992 Columbia version ). I have selected this, specifically for the performances, as I do with all of my listening. The playing.....the musicianship.....the arrangement.....the story, set to music, by the esteemed M.D.. And, my system delivers the message, so I feel proud of my set up. What can I say ? I hope everyone well, and, ENJOY ! Always, MrD.

mrdecibel

Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde

I say still his masterpiece although he has created more masterpieces than most other artists.

I couldn't count how many times I have listened to it but it must be once every two or three months at least, so starting in 1966 that is around 300 listens.

I have 8 versions and some are very good SQ as befits this icon.  The Sony gold CD is very good and hard to find now.  The SACD is also good.  The best is the 45rpm MFSL 2013 release.

@dpop      Notice you've narrowed down to All Things Must Pass.  Great choice and near the top of my list.  But where do I get a clean sounding release without the Phil Spector Wall of Distortion?  Do the masters have this mush or was it added afterwards.

+1 for Ziggy but for me it's Jeff Buckley, "Grace" (Bowie on the record wishing he'd wrote this album) and as a dark horse, Big Star, "Live At Lafayette's Music Room". Just amazing power pop that influenced literally hiundreds of bands. That music never gets old. Always fun! 

Would one Boxed set be acceptable?

Citizen Dan it would be.

Or maybe Coltrane " The Atlantic Years"

For me, it can only be...

Santana Abraxas, the original Columbia pressing.

Also for those expressing concern about something being their only choice, the OP did not state that it would be playing constantly. Only that it would be the only recording you had available. Big difference to me anyways...

Happy listening.