Ideas for Pre/Power $9000?

Currently need to replace a receiver. I don't have many local options for auditioning. My system consists of the following; Elac Debut F6, Pro-Ject Debut Pro, Pro-Ject S2 stage, NAS and streaming. I listen in a regular ol' family room with no treatments. Mostly like metal genre. Budget is $9k ish.

128x128lfromsalem

Showing 4 responses by jl35

there are many excellent Power Pre and Integrated amps at your price point. Your current speakers were excellent for the price...the new 6.2 version of them are on sale for about $600 pair including shipping, so not much value in selling yours...

I agree on system balance...I was merely stating the Elacs sale will be little help in getting better speakers to match the $9K electronics...and might be good in secondary system...and remain unsure why OP will not consider an integrated amp

In regards to an earlier comment by the OP, many Integrated Amps are available without any DAC or digital features…digital would be completely separate and upgrades up to you…

Belles Aria Signature. BAT VK3000se being closed out. Gato Amp 150. All $4000-$5000 new. I own or have owned all 3 and all are terrific.