Ideas For Phono Cable For My Turntable.

I am looking to upgrade my phono cable which goes from my Technics SL1200g to my preamp.  It needs to be RCA on both ends with a ground wire. Presently I am using a VPI cable left over from my old Scout. The VPI cable was made by Discovery.  There is nothing wrong, I just want something better.  VH Audio has a Furutech silver cable at under $600 (max I want to spend) but never heard it and not sure I want silver. There is a Nordost Frey used for around $600 but never heard that either.  I am open to any ideas.  I want to keep the cable at 1 meter. 
128x128stereo5
WyWires "Silver" phono cable at 40% off the $899 list should fit your need. They also take trades.

i'm using a pair of benchmark media cables with my 1200G.  very reasonably priced (about the same as mogami), well-made, and they sound terrific.  i use their cables everywhere, with one exception:  i use the stock cable that came with my dynavector dv-500 table, and a pair of linn silver interconnects from the lejonkleu entity phono stage for that table, as recommended by the manufacturer.  

Hello stereo5

I’m using Audience phono cables on 1 of my TT. Really nice sounding cables. I did pay more than 600$ for the ones I’m using. I suggest you go to The Cable Co or Used Cales. For 600$ I feel you will only be making a lateral move, if buying new. You will not be disappointed purchasing Audience cables.

Try get at least a 1.25m cable. A little longer cable will give you more flexibility if you ever reposition your equipment. I use all 1.5m cables.

The Cable Co will let you audition cables in your home. I have used The Cable Co many times without any problems.

Remember no matter what you buy there is always something better. You will be happy if you buy the best you can afford. Never skimp on audio equipment you will regret it later.

Joe Nies 

To all,

Sorry, I didn’t realize how old this post was when I responded. My opinions are the same though.

Respectfully 

‘Joe Nies