I wonder what you would think if we scheduled a monthly Zoom Meeting?

I was thinking about what it might be like if our discussion group scheduled a monthly Zoom Meeting?  This would allow everyone to finally put a face to a name and it might really allow everyone to be more interactive.  This might also allow our discussion group to take things to the next level.  We might also want to develop some rules of engagement.

I would like to hear your responses.  We can then weigh in to see if this might be something we might do.

128x128larry5729

Showing 7 responses by larry5729

Roxy,

This will depend on whether Tammy allows us to give this a try.  I have no idea at this point.  I have a feeling there might not be more than 20.  We will also need to publish Rules of Engagement and have members sign off on them.  Just think how much fun it would be to finally see who we all are and to talk to each other.  I will make certain ground rules will be laid out at the beginning of each meeting.  My hope is for us to have members perhaps have seminars or at least have a member give talks on certain topics and then open things up for discussion.

Warmest regards,

Larry Edwards

Good one DeKay.  I think you might be quite entertaining during our Zoom Meetings.  I get the feeling you like the idea.  Remember, this is totally voluntary and it is your choice to participate.  However, I do feel it would be a lot of fun to be able to talk to each other.  I also think this would stimulate people to share, teach and to learn.  There is a lot of talent to draw upon.  

So far, I like the responses I am receiving.  I personally think it would be fun to talk to each other rather than communicate online.  This could take things to the next level.  I also think it could allow for a lot of friendships to be formed.  It would be nice to finally see what we look like.  Can you imagine the kind of conversations we could have and the level of sharing we could have?  Perhaps, we could decide on what topics we want to cover or perhaps have someone teach a class?  .  

I knew I would get mixed feedback.  However, think about finally getting to see each other, talk to each other and to get to know each other.  This could add a new dimension to this group.  I also think we might see people more hesitant to reply with sarcastic statements because they have finally seen their face and have learned there are some great people in this group.  

Everyone needs to realize his would be optional.  You simply can decide to not attend.  Simple as that.  I am sure many of us would like to know what we look like and to finally carry on a conversation in order to get to know each other.  I thought it would be fun for those who want to attend.

Absjerry

we would have to list the rules of engagement.  Members would need to sign.  Perhaps this might be useful for online discussions as well.