I was going to give my son a system, with brand new Solid Steel rack but he has AirPods???

AirPods and iPhones have replaced good 2 channel audio, it's criminal. They don't buy albums, CDs, or even the full album downloads. They've replaced my old 45s with mp3s.
I got him a Solid Steel rack and I can't return it, so what do I do? Sell it on eBay for local pickup or wait for him to get smart. You would think a mechanical engineer wants a Scoutmaster and a beautiful really well designed audio rack. I get he doesn't necessarily want my old Rotel amp and preamp, but I have a set of B&W CM2s on stands and he could get himself a home theater integrated amp and use the system to watch Movies at the least.
Where have we gone wrong?
128x128ctwith3

Showing 1 response by 1971gto455ho

Here's the deal you've a hobby, a sound system, maybe extra equipment. Your kid's probably grew up in your house and likely were exposed to hearing and all involved. The key word is they grew up, and developed their own way of thinking wants and needs, bingo you've done your job.
We can't expect the dumping of unwanted or unvalued junk on them to be accepted. Attempt the turn over if excepted fine if not there's always ebay...
Move on.