I need advice on a good value for speakers

I need a new pair of speakers, and I do not want to pay over $1,000 dollars. Any advice on best available would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
eddyv
Room size 20' x 15', I usually listen to Acoustic Fingerstyle, and Rock. I do not have the type systems I see in here, but looking for improvement in the sea of componants is really daunting. Thanks for the help
There are a a ton of fine sounding speakers out there in your price range. It's up to you to LISTEN to as many speakers as possible to find the type of sound that makes you happy.
Do you have a dealer nearby? It's the first place you should walk into before any internet based purchases take place. Share your thoughts here as well as price. Will be great if dealer has used equipment that will allow you to take higher performance level speaker for less money. Usually when you walk onto the dealer's door with goal to spend $1000 for speakers you may end up spending 2...3x more... So post here before making decision(as an advise) and share and Goners will help you with the right one possibly for less money.