I have a lack of depth in "soundstage".

System : Audionote SE oto , B&W CDM-1NT , Marantz CD player Paid $350.00 forget model #

Looking for an improvment soundstage "depth"
128x128flickkit
I go to the symphony regularly and sit 8th row center. Live music actually has very little depth. It is mostly an audiophile thing (that I like.)

That said, not changing your equipment, I agree with Lak that the room and speaker placement are where I would start.

Richard
Live music has very little depth? I don't understand that at all. At the symphony hall I hear the violins in front with woodwinds behind them and horns behind that, that is the way it sounds to me and that is how I would define depth. I do think it's very important in live music as well as on a stereo system. Something is wrong if you aren't gettting a sence of depth on your system or in concert. I would also agree that the speaker placement would be the first place to look. Also if you have a TV or large object between your speakers that can severely impare your systems ability to portray depth.
Do you have the means to place your speakers across a corner of the room, I heard a system configured in this manner(using Proac 1SC speakers) and it gave the impression of sounds 30-40 feet behind the speakers(no exaggeration!)
It also seemed to improve imaging and bass response!
"Soundstage"...yeah, right...we all know what you're talking about. I got an email the other day that might help you:

Stop buying pumps and doing useless exercises!
These methods will not work in a million years..

Our pills or patches will do all the work for you. Plus to top it off, if you are not
satisfied with any of our products, simply contact us for a 100% refund.

If you want more information you can contact Elizabeth Delgado....or Sandra Smart, or Deborah H. Potts, or maybe Son Vega...or if none of them get back to you Opal Ziegler might...or Ada Santiago, or even Imogene Page. They all sent the same email to me.....that was yesterday. If none of those work ping me off the list and I'll have about twenty or thirty more names for you by tommorrow!! I gotta stop buying stuff online!

Marco
Live music is very dependent on the venue. As you all know, some halls are better than others. Where you sit will have some influence as well.

Cabling can make a big difference in soundstaging I've found. Especially speaker cable. But more than that the speaker positioning as the folks above have pointed out. If you have your TV between your speakers as I do then try moving it a foot or two behind the front plane of you speakers as I have. Makes a big difference.