Hybrid Integrated Amps: Any Good?

I have the opportunity to purchase a Bada dc-222 for around $400. It's a tube pre/solid state power integrated amp. Part of me says, "Wow, tube and solid-state, best of both worlds," while another part of me says, "Sounds like a gimmick and compromise that is going to be the worst of both worlds." Thoughts?
malcolmreynolds21
Dtc, you may want to consider doing as I have done, secure a second unit and run the Classic One in Mono mode. This hybrid integrated is far better Mono than stereo, and will transform your rig as well as your listening experience. :) See my system pics for more insight.

I reviewed the Classic One MkII and MkIII in stereo and Mono mode for Dagogo.com, purchased them and continue to use them. At some point I may sell them if I move to another echelon of performance, but that would take quite a bit of money, perhaps more than $10K MSRP.
Doug - I use the Classic One in my bedroom system to drive Sonus Faber Concerto (originals). Given the usage, I am happy with the stereo mode. My main system is a Cary SLP-05 with a Mark Levinson 432 driving Sonus Faber Cremona (original). I am very happy with the Cary/Levinson combination and I am not sure that mono Classic ones would outperform my current setup. But thanks for the suggestion.
07-14-12: Malcolmreynolds21
Thanks guys! I'm also worried that the unit doesn't have tone controls, and that I'm currently using the tone controls on the amp I have now. Should I be worried about that?

The answer, IMHO, to tone controls is to get a amp/speaker combo that has nice tone. If it doesn't, then you've bought the wrong equipment. All tone controls do is heighten or lessen the balance between tones; they can't improve the quality of tone, which is what you buy a high end amp FOR. :)

Good luck in your search. I'm considering the Jolida 1301 myself as a 'summer amp.'

Terry