How to unpack 150lbs+ towers

Is there any sort of standard technique for removing 150lbs+ tower speakers from the packaging base? With no handles ( other than the drivers :) ) to grab onto? I have Pioneer S-1EX.
rpmrizing228
I owned the S-1EX and they came in a box designed to be stood upright and have the carrying handles removed. Once the carrying handles are removed the box will come open from around the speaker leaving it standing on the bottom packing. I removed the hard foam from around the speaker then leaned it back enough for me to get my hand under the base of it and I lifted it straight up and out,only about eight inches. I then placed it on sound anchor cone coasters and slid them into place. Much easier than it would seem for such a large heavy speaker. Never lift a speaker by its port! I'm surprised Kal didn't know how they were packed but then again, he has probably gone through dozens of speakers and thousands of brain cells since he reviewed them.
Thanks for the tips folks. I'll get a second set of hands to help me lift it out the way Geared4me recommends.
Thanks!
The reason I did not offer any unpacking suggestions is that the pair I had came in sturdy, wheeled flight cases rather than standard cartons. Also, Andrew Jones came along to help me.
Sorry Kal, I just couldn't resist. I still appreciate the time you took to email with me about set-up for the S-1EX and in connecting me with Andrew Jones, who was a real pleasure to brainstorm with. I had my pair before the review came out and thought I might be crazy to have to jack the back up so much to get the sound just right until I read how you had to do the same thing. Rpmrizing228 if you haven't read Kal's review you should,but I think I managed to get a little tighter bass out of them than he did.