HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SYSTEM IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS

I am serious.  I work VERY hard to have the best system I can.  I have made many upgrades and am more than happy with my equipment.  I stream 100% of the time, mostly form Qobuz.  My digital front end is highly optimized.  But when I want my system to sound AMAZING?

I play Mark Knopfler or my favorite  Dire Straits.  Seriously.  It is recorded so exceptionally  well, and seems to have harmonics which just please the ear and soul.  I often think it sounds a bit 'tube like', as my system is all solid state.  There are just no offending sounds, and never sibilance.  I could list songs, but it would be easier to just list the one not to play ('Money for Nothing').

fastfreight

It  has been fun hearing everybody's "favorite sounding songs that they like''.

Is that fair to say??  My only intention here was that some music (that I like) sounds better than other music (that I like).  There have been many great suggestions here..hopefully many pick up a few songs that they like and that leads to even more music that they like.  It is the process of streaming....hear something new and broaden your listening.

Why the haters???

Rosy54 accused me of listening wrong.

The Carpathian was just plain mean to rcm1203.

bolong put me and others in a sad old group...I think a sadder group is those who write stuff like that.

and fpomposo is accusatory, assumptive, ignorant and rude.  I am so proud of him for having an Aurender with a hard drive.  That certainly proves his music sounds better than mine.  The only approach that needs reevaluated is how you respond on a public forum.

Thanks all for the great suggestions and enjoy your music!

I agree with fpomposo  regarding sound quality of streaming vs the local rip.  

But yes, Knopfler sounds great.   And I like Bela Fleck and the Flecktones Cosmic Hippo and any Art of Noise for some audio fireworks.

I agree @ossicle2brain.  I have an extensive hard drive with files from standard CD's to DSD.   But my streaming is so highly optimized that is not always true that local sounds better than a high rez stream from Qobuz.  I love Bela and Cosmic Hippo has amazing bass!  Recall I never challenged anyone's local file sound quality.

fastfreight,

So agree w u on Dire Straits. I “discovered” them in the late 90’s thx to Absolute Sound. I use the later tracks on Brothers In Arms for my evaluations. Also, Famous Blue Raincoat by Jennifer Warnes. I consider Knopfler a bit of a mixture of Santana and Clapton. Love the riffs he puts in.

My system is made up of an ARC SP-9 MkIII, Leach mono SuperAmps, Genesis IM-8300 speakers, NAD CD, SOTA Sapphire w ET-2 tone arm and Sumiko Celebration Pearwood. 

Mark Knopfler is just a talker. I mean every guy talking to himself on the toilet sounds like a Knopfler.

There are many guys out there who can actually sing, have you heard?