How to Hook Up Vandersteen 2W Subwoofer

Hi All,

I have a Vandersteen 2W sub that I plan to add to the system listed below--it's a hybrid stereo/HT setup. So far I've been using a powered sub that plugs into the Arcam's sub pre-out RCA jack. The 2W is an entirely different beast though and has the following connections:

regular speaker wire inputs (via banana plugs)
a WX-2 crossover with one set each of RCA ins/outs

The Arcam has tons of connections, including 3 RCAs for subs, but I'm not sure those will be helpful with the 2W. Here's a screenshot of all the Arcam's connections

http://gyazo.com/6cd34a7393d5aea5f20108ca5759cca6

Ideally I'd like to use the 2W sub for stereo (2.1) and HT (5.1) but I realize that may be impossible. At the least I'd like to use it for HT via the Arcam. Here's my setup. I would very much appreciate any specific advice on:

1. how to connect the 2W and its crossover.
2. which wire/interconnects to use

I have read all the manuals and can't make complete sense out of how they apply to my exact setup. THANKS very much!

Vandersteen 2ceSig IIs (mains; bi-amp/bi-wire capable)
Vandersteen VSM-1 (surrounds)
Vandersteen VCC-1 (center)
Vandersteen 2W (the sub I'm adding now)

Cary SLP-05 (for stereo pre): the Cinema In RCAs go to the Pre Outs on the Arcam

Adcom GFA-555 (for stereo amp): the mains go into the inputs on this; the RCA outputs go into the inputs on the SLP-05

Arcam AVR-600 (for HT/surround): powers the VSMs and VCC-1 surrounds (and I think will power the 2W)
meowist
call Randy at Optimal Enchantment in Santa Monica, he almost always has both configuration used at reasonable prices as long term customers move between balanced and SE gear....
My head is ready to explode trying to understand how to connect my (single) Vandersteen 2Wq sub woofer to my Anthem 1120 receiver and ultimately to my left & right Vandersteen 3A Signature front speakers in my home theater. 

I have 8 Vandersteen speakers in my home theater [1 pair 3A Signatures, two pairs of 2Ce Signatures, 1- VCC 5 Center Channel and (one) 2Wq Sub [hoping to add a second when funds permit].

I have read and reread the Vandersteen Model 2Wq System Setup and, unfortunately, I'm just not understanding the set up. 

All Vandersteen speakers are currently bi-wired to the Anthem 1120 receiver speaker outputs.

Question 1: Are any speaker wires connected to the 2Wq WX-2 Crossover box?  Or, is this box used to connect RCA wires to the Anthem 1140 receiver Right & Left "Main Pre-Out" inputs and then to what other inputs on the Anthem 1120 receiver?

Speaker wire connections:  This is my theory Is this theory correct?  Connect the 2Wq L&R banana plugs from the subwoofer to the Main L&R speaker outputs of the Anthem 1120 receiver?  Then connect the banana plugs L&R of the speaker wires to the Vandersteen 3A Signatures into into the (already connected) 2Wq banana plugs in the Anthem 1120 receiver.  

In other words, you would finally have one subwoofer connected directly to the Anthem 1120 receiver via banana plugs; and a second set of the  Vandersteen 3A signature speakers banana plugs connected to the back of the of the 2Wq subwoofer's banana plugs which had been preciously connected to to the Anthem 1120 speaker output terminals.

So, you'd have two sets of banana plugs "stacked together" connected to to the Anthem 1120 receiver.

Any help would be most appreciated.

foghorn1
@foghorn,
You are correct concerning the speaker hook up. The wires for the speakers and the sub are stacked on the amp output. Though I would use spades rather than bananas, as they provide better contact.
Your issue is that you need to connect the crossover between the preamp and amp of your integrated. I googled your receiver and see that it does have a 'Pre Out', but I don't see an 'Amp In'. 
As I have no experience with home theater, I suggest you call John Rutan at Audioconnection. He is a Vandy dealer and very knowledable about lots of different brands. He is also on Audiogon-audioconnection is his tag.
Bob