how to eliminate air-born RF

any ideas on how to eliminate airborn RF. I have disconnected all equipment from themselves and the ac outlet. Even shut off the main circuit breaker in the service panel. Have disconnected all video cabling and antenna wires. after all this, when I place my head behind my rack, which just holds my amps, I can here a humming noise similar to the ground like hum you hear from an electric guitar/amp combo or similar to a bad tonearm phono ground loop. With system wired up and operational, this humming is easily heard at idle on, with gain on preamp down. Again, this is occuring with nothing physical wired together or to the ac outlets and with all ac power shut off in the house. PLEASE HELP!!!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmooncrikit
Call the people who investigate ufo sightings or the people who investigate haunted houses maybe they could help you.
Sounds like it might be 60 Hz hum from a transformer of some kind, but that only occurs if there is something powered up. Any chance you might have low voltage halogen lights on a different circuit breaker? If you still hear it and the whole house mains breaker is off, you may want to get your ears checked--might also be tinnitis...
Assuming that Edesilva might be on the right track about a very strong electromagnetic field (EMF)expanding and contracting at 60hz frequency from a rogue external power equipment, your speaker cables can pick up that like a wire-loop induction. If your speakers are efficient enough it might be playing the hum all day long without your amp turnon. I can be wrong, but try disconnect your speaker cables and see if the hum is still playing.

I do hope I'm wrong in this intriguing Mooncrikit case. There were many health concerns raised by people who live near sources of EMF recorded by Mark A. Pinsky in his book "The EMF Book" 1995 Warner.
I corresponded with Mooncrikit briefly and from what i can gather, Edisilva seems to be on the right track. It is almost as if there is an external source for the vibration / hum. Only problem is, Mooncrikit has experienced this when the AC mains were disabled, meaning that the power to the entire house was not functional. As such, it looks like Philip's suggestion about an EM field could be coming into play here. I have experienced this problem to what most would consider a "scary" and very visible extent before, but not inside of a house.

As to try and narrow things down, how far is your house from a large pole transformer ? Do you have High Voltage power lines in close proximity to your house ? Is the AC feed into your house in very close proximity to this room ?

To be quite honest, this sounds rather baffling to say the least. Sean
>
This is a real shot in the dark, but check to see if you have a thermostacially-controlled vent fan in the gable end of your house. When I moved into a house once I did not know one existed. I keep hearing a damn humm, but only in one room, and only on occasion. Now, if you have truly disconnected power from the main, my point is moot.