HOW SHORT IS TOO SHORT?

I'm replacing a tube stereo amp this week with a pair of Canary M350 monoblocks. I have a set of 8 foot Cerious Technologies liquid ceramic cables and wonder if 4 foot long would make that much of a difference. I can't (nor would I) cut the cables I have now but wonder if comparable cables being shorter would make much difference. I haven't heard the amps in my system yet and have no complaints with my cables.
polk432

Showing 4 responses by polk432

Thanks Ozzy. I'll keep the cables I have. I was also concerned with vibration from the speakers if the amps were set too close.
Thanks. I have wooden floors and will place the amps on 1.5'' thick maple butcher blocks. I have fat pads to place under the amps.I use roller blocks under my turntable that sits on a Symposium Svelte plus shelf. I may get a couple more of them to put under the butcher blocks in the future. The butcher blocks seemed to work well with the fat pads under the Cary Cad 120s amp I traded in.
I'll get a couple more blocks and stack them later on. I can't wait to hear the 300b class A amps. I'll check out those brass points or maybe use roller blocks on one lever and fat pads on the other. Thanks again.
Thanks lak, I keep the ic's  pc's and cables off the floor and use a semi suspension pARTuclar rack . Thanks to all.