How serious are you?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being totally obsessed, how serious are you about this hobby?  Explain please. Thanks. 

128x128mapman

Showing 2 responses by r042wal

I had tongue cancer surgery in April 2021 followed up with chemo and radiation.  I have been into audio since the 1970 but lost all interest in everything.  My music did nothing for me, I had no interest in my 'retirement Porsche' and my wife and I had to put any travel plans on hold.

Fast forward to the last 4 months and there has been a significant change in my interest and mental attitudes. I am all in enjoying my music and I actually find joy in it once again.  I'm glad to be a part of this community.

@bdp24

After a hiatus from my cancer surgery, I jumped back into the audio forums in April this year (2023).  I bought a PSA DirectStream DAC so my natural inclination was to follow the PSA forums.

I became so disillusioned with the cult following for cables, fuses and snake oil, I dialed back my participation and involvement.  What I have discovered about myself is that I'm a music lover, not an audiophile.  I have a decent setup and feel bad for all the sincere hobbyist's that get sucked in by all the hype pumped out by the 'cult'