how much should I spend to get a better turntable than my current turntable?

You want details hah!
I bet....

CURRENT: mmf-2.2. A lemon, a complete junk in my opinion. A disaster from the start. What I can I do with it? It was delivered with missing screws, the lift arm level broke in 3 months, all I got in the name of warranty a list of things not under warranty. I don't want to criticize the brand, maybe I just got unlucky, they are otherwise great. 

What should I get for the littlest investment that would work better than this wobbly, squeaky  thing? 

grislybutter

Showing 2 responses by allenf1963

@grislybutter

I would strongly suggest that you take a good look at the Fluance RT85 that already has been mentioned. 3 years ago, I wanted a turntable for a tertiary listening room at my house, and since it was not the main or secondary stereo room, I didn’t want to break the piggybank. I read several good reviews about the Fluance line, and with their return policy and "great pricing for the features", I figured I didn’t have anything to lose giving them a try. I’m glad I did. The RT85 punches above its price point, and sounds great with the provided Ortofon 2M Blue Cartridge. Add the Schiit Mani 2 MM/MC Phono Preamp, and you have a fantastic budget turntable setup.

Just my 2 cents worth. All the best.

Allen