How Many Turntables Have You Owned

As for me... My first that I can remember was a Webcor - part of their Holidy package. then... Garrard, Benjamin Miracord, Dual, Bogen, Thorens TD 124, and 121, Rek o Kut, LinnSondek, Grado, Rega, SME, VPI... I probably have forgotten a few
128x128stringreen
Hi,

I have owned literally dozens. Most were of a fairly pedestrian nature, though. I have maybe a couple of dozen in the stable now. They range from a Linn to a lowly Sony idler. I'm probably the only one around here who has cut apart a plastic AKAI just to see what made it tick. Actually, it barely ticked at all, so I didn't learn anything from that exercise. LOL

Win
Technics SL QD33
Thorens TD 520
Garrard Lab 80
Garrard Zero 100
Garrard Z2000B
Dual 1009
Dual 1229Q
Dual 701
Dual CS 5000
Denon DP 62L

And presently, I have but one and only ... Thorens TD 318
1) 1968: Dual 1009 mounted on top of a Harman Kardon SC-7 Component Control Center (an all-in-one wood-cased receiver)
2) 1978: Bang & Olufson Beogram 2402
3) 1982: Linn LP12 (still spinning)

My first true audiophile experience was "snapping" on B&O's most expensive cartridge, it had a diamond cantilever!, and actually hearing what was hidden in that groove. I was hooked.
Dual 1219 which I stupidly got rid of for the Linn LP12, which I never cared for, then the Aristion RD11s which I liked a little better than the Linn and finally a Dual 1229 with a Grace 747 Tonearm which I am NEVER parting with...

Norman