How Long Should a First Watt SIT3 Last ?

I'm fairly certain my Quicksilver Monos are kaput. Im thinking maybe I don't want to mess with the troubles and uncertainties of  tubes. Im considering getting a used SIT3, but how long should they Last considering the internals are no long available if I encounter a problem?

Thank you,

TD

128x128tonydennison

I did find a local place called Twin Cities Tubes. I will contact them I hope its the right thing to do, but I suppose I have worries about the things mentioned earlier by @jtcf ....I thought it was just me it happened to but maybe its a thing now.

Actually I have an appointment with ToneTron Minneapolis tomorrow. Cam recommended by the studio engineer.

The First Watt amps all have different sonic signatures.  I currently have the FW J2 driving my Cube Audio Jazzon speakers in place of my 300b monos and the SQ is sensational with a tube preamp.  The J2 actually yields an even broader soundstage than my 300b monos and during the summer heat in CA, it is a welcome change with no lacuna in its performance.  It is remarkable amp like all Pass Labs gear and sure to be long lived. 

Tonydennison (or anyone else considering a new solid state amp),

I will echo yyzsantabarbara here.

The CODA S5.5 is a magical 50 wpc class A SS amplifier, and should be on anyone's short list IMO. I've had mine for a few months, and it has exceeded my wildest hopes. Reviews (other than mine) are stellar, and there is a great thread here on Agon for them. I bought mine from Mike Kay at Audio Archon in the Chicago area, and he's a nice guy to work with

Just be careful if looking for them used, the manufacture date must be within the last 12 months or so....as that is when they had the upgrade to new transistors which provide the magic sauce