How does my MF A308 compare to modern integrated amps in the $3000-$6000 range?

Are more recent amps in the $3000-$6000 range superior enough to warrant an upgrade?
128x128m669326

Showing 4 responses by m669326

Thanks. I’m happy with the sq, but I have no frame of reference regarding other options.
Thanks for the DAC recommendations. That’s a real frontier realm for me.
I do generally like clear, sharp, revealing, detailed sound. I’m not sure why. It could be because I haven’t had the opportunity to hear the alternatives much. All the really good systems I have heard have been detailed.
Basically, my system is clearly way beyond good enough for the purposes of listening to music. My posts here are mostly musings and expressions of curiosity simply because I find that fun.
Thanks, everyone. Erik: what speakers do you have? I feel that my MF is a good match with my ATC’s. Obviously, there is a synergy here, let alone all the other factors that others have mentioned. I’m sure it’s true that I need a better DAC, and other elements in my system also need upgrading. My question is more a curiosity thing than the next thing I need to do to upgrade. Following the rest, it’s something I might or might not face.  And it is  nice to get validation that I have something worth hanging onto.