How do you sort your LPs?

How do you sort your LPs?
By:
1. Alphabetical Genre
2. Alphabetical Artist
3. Most listened
4. Others
I have procrastinated in organizing my collection. No excuses now.

128x128arion
Firstly by genre, then alphabetically by artist. Then there’s the LP’s I’ve been listening to the most at the time. Just need to not let the latter pile get out of control, and remember to file them back, then repeat the the process again. 
I also like to catalog my collection on Discogs, but still have a couple thousand records to add, but that just sorts a list of em for you so you’ve got a list, of course. Also a cool way to figure out exactly which version or pressing you’ve got too and leave notes about grading or anything else. 
Alphabetical by group name or artist last name, starting top row, left to right, top to bottom in the cabinet. For both Lps and CDs. I have a separate cabinet for those few hundred for sale I take to record shows.
By genre . . . and then by artist with catch-all in each genre for those artists for whom I have two or fewer titles.  Built record store-style bins.  

Not to be a pest, but I remain curious about the rationale for organization/separation by genre. When a collection becomes "large enough", it becomes necessary to organize the LP’s in some manner, to allow finding any particular title easy. For myself (and others), simple alphabetization is all that’s necessary to achieve that objective. What purpose does "genre-fication" serve? I’m not saying my question demands an answer, I’m just curious.

Separating Classical makes perfect sense, as there is no single entity involved: composer, composition, conductor, orchestra, even record label. I understand separating out audiophile labels as well: Sheffield titles in particular don’t seem to belong mixed in with music. ;-)

@bdp24 One of the benefits of organizing by genre is that you have storage flexibility to break the collection up by it. You can keep a favorite genre close at hand and keep things you listen to less frequently in a different part of the room. At least that's how it works for us.