How do the Magnepan 1.7's sound

Anybody hear these at CES and can comment on the sound quality?
128x128pugstub
After hearing them and talking with Jim Winey about the technical changes... imo they sound, well, just about like 1.6's. I heard them in the L/C/R demo (very disappointing set up in that it was convoluted in attempting to assess the 1.7 sound). Yet, attempting to hear past the center speaker and sub, there was nothing "new" about the sound other than seeming a bit tighter, more coherent.

The changes are worth about the $100 Magnepan is charging. This was a face lift to an aging speaker which will likely keep it from falling from popularity. I did not expect it to be a sea change in performance, and it wasn't. No one should think that they might abandon 3.6's or other "biggie" speakers they enjoy for it. Magneplanar is just keeping it a fresh product, but it certainly has not been transformed.

As to its absolute performance, it's just about the same as the 1.6; not going to take away any awards from the big boys, but among the best speakers offered in its price class.
I don't think they changed the actual frame, just the trim pieces on the sides are aluminum. Peeking through the grill it appears to be the same MDF base, had magnepan gone to an all aluminum frame there is no way they could have kept the price at 2k. As a current 1.6 owner I will definitely audition them when my dealer has them in stock. I am a little disapointed that the mini maggies have not gotten much press. The one photo I have seen of them looks like they have refined the cosmetics, they look like a shrunk down version of a 1.6.
Seems a little odd to me that it wouldn't sound "more different" from the 1.6 than some seem to be saying. I know it was a "show" room with all the attendant problems and all, and the center channel sure wouldn't help in simply evaluating the 1.7s on their own merit. But seriously...from a 2-way to a 3-way, planar to all quasi-ribbon, and supposedly significantly improved caps and other x-over parts would seem to indicate a more noticeably different sound compared to the 1.6 SHOULD be expected. I'm not necessarily saying better (although that should definitely be expected as well based on Magnepan's history), but certainly at least different.
A musical instrument like the 1.7's need to be evaluated in an appropriate environment and with commensurate electronics. In addition, playing crap through them at a show in a surround setup does little to convey their potential. They are QR's, 3 way with imrproved XO's and a more stable frame....Duh, of course they will sound better! Remember, a Maggie needs significant breakin time as well and should be noted when evaluating them.