How do I power my 800D(3)s

Hi folks

I am new to this, but trying to learn fast!

I have long been a fan of Bowers and Wilkins and I am lucky enough to buy a brand new pair of 800D(3)'s.  I have recently built a new house, so now have enough space for this very special purchase, which I plan to make in the next month or so.

I want to run a two channel system in our living room so it's a pretty simple layout.  Can anybody give me some advice, so that I get the best out of the speakers.  Will a Pre-Amp, and an Amp be enough with a Streamer?  Do I need two amps?  

Can you also advise on the best brands to look at.  I see that B&W tends to show the speakers off in thier demo's with Classe?  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
128x128matt_gf
Excellent counter-point bo1972,

I do not (knowingly) buy any gear junk-sourced to china. Sad.

+1 on China Crap!

We must recognize that it is the fault of us consumers too - we like cheaper products - as soon as one or two companies shut shop and fire staff and move overseas - others are forced to follow to be able to compete for consumer $ in the lowest bottom of the barrel cheapness race. China makes what the investors want. It goes on in all sectors of the market. I blame greedy corporations for tarnishing great names like Saul Marantz. The Marantz MM7025 is an example of a legendary brand name on a poorly built product.

My DAC is made in America. My speakers are entirely U K built (including the cabinets, woofer, mid range and tweeter) My power amp is also hand built in UK.  My TT is vintage Japanese from 70’s. My UHD bluray and DSP are probably made in Malaysia. Am I avoiding China - you bet!!!! Does it make a difference - you bet!!!

No body mentioned BAT VK-1000? I have a pair of monoblock VK-1000s drive B&W 801D, they are perfectly marriaged, they sound amazing with deep soundstage!
I don’t think that it is bad to manufacture audio in China when you use good parts. When you start to use cheaper parts the sound and quality is different.

I just spoke a person today who uses AudioResearch, he said; that the new pre amps uses cheaper parts and he didn’t like the sound and quality either.

In my world you need better materials instead of cheaper and inferior parts. You need to give people more quality, we already have too much quantity in audio.