How do I connect my emotiva mc700 surround sound proc to preamp

Hi All

I bought an esoteric c03 preamp. I currently have an emotiva mc700 processor. How do I connect the processor to the pre amp. I intend using this only in a stereo configuration. Note the processor is not a receiver.

Help appreciated 
rohanraman
Connect the emotiva mc700 LF and RF outputs to esoteric c03 RCA 3/Signal-Thru inputs.
On the esoteric c03 setup menu configure the RCA3 input to SIGNAL THRU.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/532689/Teac-Esoteric-C-03.html?page=11#manual
Thank you. So.if I don’t use the THRU option then I can use the preamps volume control as the master volume control ?

Whats the difference between using THRU and normal?
Whats the difference between using THRU and normal?
If the RCA3 is in normal mode, the preamp volume control still active.
When RCA3 in signal thru mode, the preamp volume control will be disabled, you will using the emotiva mc700 to control volume.

So.if I don’t use the THRU option then I can use the preamps volume control as the master volume control ?
No, it only control the front channels volume, the rest of channels still need to use the emotiva mc700 to control volume.
Using the pass thru option and let the emotiva mc700 volume control as the master volume control is the best way to setup home theater system. 

I have only a 2 channel setup.. left and right so in that case it wouldn't matter right ?
If that is the case, you can connect the emotiva mc700 LF and RF output channels to emotiva mc700 ANY of the three RCA inputs, set the emotiva mc700 volume to maximum, or to the level matching other sources, and use the esoteric c03 volume control as master volume control.
Why do you need the Emotiva if you only have a 2 channel setup? What are your source components? Can you connect them directly to the Esoteric and take the Emotiva out of the mix?
I use the emotive mc700 for HDMI inputs. This system also connect my Apple TV, gaming PC etc
@rohanraman  - Do you have other analog sources that you connect directly to the Esoteric? Or are all of your sources going through the Emotiva?