How about using a Denon AVR5800 with Martin Logans

I have aset if Martin Logan Aerius-i front speakers. I was thinking of getting ML Scripts as surrounds and either a Cinema or Theatre as center channel and driving it all with a Denon AVR 5800. Will this work and give descent HT and both 2 Channel and surround sound music. Thank Youall for any feedback.
dansloane

Showing 1 response by pcc

I own the ml aerius i. As mentioned above, don't waste your money on the denon. If you can't afford the seperates, then buy yourself a pioneer elite w/pre outs(about $600) or better yet get the rotel w/pre outs. You will eventually want seperates. And if your going for the ultimate in both stereo/ht, it gets expensive to do it right. I had the pioneer elite receiver and then I bought a b&k 3channel amp($350 used), for the front(aerius i/cinerma), big change. After that I bought a bryston 3bst for the front two channels and used the b&k amp for rear and center. Sound just kept getting better. I sold the pioneer for a lexicon dc-1. Then sold the bryston to buy a used bat vk-200(1800.00 used). Wow, incredible sound. But for true, perfect stereo I will eventually add the bat vk 3i(used around $1200) which has a pass thru, so i can use the 3i for stereo and the dc-1 for ht. 3i/vk200 and aerius i, is an incredible combo(match made in heaven). cables are transparent(their low end cables). well go luck, pete