Hospital Grade Wall Outlets

Heard that this was a good tweak to use. Bought some but i am not sure how to wire them. Do you wire them the same as existing outlets or do you need a seperate ground wire to isolate the outlet. PLEASE HELP
mrsoundman
To Albert Porter or Jctubes or anybody: I appreciate your input, but does a cheaper hospital grade plug with nickel plating or etc. sound worse, the same, or maybe a little better than an average everyday wall outlet? I know that I would have better results with a higher grade hospital outlet, but I am just wondering if I am worse off than before when I had an electrician change the average household outlets to the hospital grade outlets that he had on hand (probably a lower grade brand). Thanks, Edward
The first line of my initial posting on 09-04-00 was in response to that same question by you on 09-03-00. I think the plated Hospital grade would probably be better than the original household plug. Electrical outlets, like all things in life, get old and worn. I suspect that the upgrade to the new outlet alone would be significant. Any hospital grade plug will be constructed of heavier and higher quality materials, superior grounding and tighter grip on the male plug, reducing resistance and arcing. If you have a choice, go with the ones I suggested. If you have already spent your money and are getting good results, don't worry about it, change them out after you get some use from the ones you already have. One possible option to make use of the plated outlets (if you do have them) is to install them in other rooms. How about replacing the standard outlets in places where there is a heavy duty hair dryer, a computer or your TV? That would allow you to use what you have, and put the upgraded outlets in the sound system, where it does matter. Just an idea, best luck!
Does it really matter whether you use the 15A or 20A versions of the Hubbell? If you choose the 20A version, will it accept 15A powercords or will you need to change them as well? I have notice that on some powercords they use 15A male ends and a 10A IEC plug. Any thoughts?
This is much the same argument as to whether you should use Hubbell (male) connectors, rather than ordinary ones. The 20 amp version is heavier, provides tighter clamping action, additional contact area and rated for higher capacity. Those of us here at Audiogon that spend thousands of dollars on equipment should not concern ourself about such a small investment difference as the price spread between these two Hubbells. Just imagine that this Hubbell connection is part of your power supply in your expensive amp, preamp, CD transport etc. Then stop and realize, IT IS!
Thanks for the response. I would not have noticed the dedicated ground difference. I really wasn't looking to save $4.55, but rather the shipping. Heck add the two together and I am half to another unit. Really I was hoping I could locate one where I am. As far Hubbell is concerned, these are not "special" units and should be available locally with minimal effort. It is we audio nuts that have made them so.