Horns for Rock.

I'm searching for a pair of speakers for my brother. He only listens to Rock...all types. From Zeppelin to Nickleback. PRAT, Dynamics, and Loudness are really important. They must be efficient and under $1200 on the used market. Any ideas? Thanks
baroque_lover
I would suggest the original Klipsch Forte'. I enjoy all kinds of music on them but they can rock with the best of them. Care in choosing ancillary equipment will bring out their best. If not careful they can be too bright and forward.

Cheers
Look for the Klipsch Epic series, either the CF3's or the CF4. Also look for a pair of Klipsch legend KLF20 or 30's. They are all around 100dB. These all have horns, will meet your budget and they will rock.
Jbl 4430 15"2 way with Biradal "butt cheek"compression driver horns. 93 db effecient with virtually no limit on power input. Ive Biamped these and fed the woofers 1200 watts without a whimper. VERY Stable imaging and sledgehammer quailty bass to 30hz and below. These will be tough to find as they are excellent I found a pair for 410.00 with missing grills. (they retail for 4K)
I agree with Plato, these are large speakers and need a large room. There is a pair of Belle Klipsch for sale on Audiogon listed for $1800, there is also a pair CORNWALL's for sale for $885. I have owned all of these listed and they are a great choice, Klipsch La Scala, Belle's, Cornwalls, and Chorus. If you go to Klipsch .com you can get the specs and dimensions on all of these. Look under pruducts discontiued. If these speaker are too large for the room ,I would recommend Klipsch reference RF7 tower. There is a pair for sale on A.G. for $1350, RF5's for sale on A.G. for $775, or the KLF 30's or 20' are good also. Now, this is all dependent on what amp you put in front of them. Hornloaded speakers like either tube, or high qulity solid state.
Klipsch Hereseys with a 30-40WPC Tube amp will rock and give all kinds of good action..

KiD