Horn based loudspeakers why the controversy?

As just another way to build a loudspeaker system why such disputes in forums when horns are mentioned?    They can solve many issues that plague standard designs but with all things have there own.  So why such hate?  As a loudspeaker designer I work with and can appreciate all transducer and loudspeaker types and I understand that we all have different needs budgets experiences tastes biases.  But if you dare suggest horns so many have a problem with that suggestion..why?
128x128johnk
Like I said, if somebody has a great pair of horns for me to hear, let me know. I'll listen. I like a tight, physical kind of sound. That's why I like my Focals. It's what I've liked about horns. I don't like that in-your-face way so many project sound. I've never heard a horn not sound like that to some degree. Either that's just what horns sound like, or they're exceptionally difficult to design correctly. I'm leaning towards the latter. I don't blame people if they like that kind of sound. Some people value tone beyond imaging or any other consideration. We all have our quirks. I value exceptional imaging, smooth response, and decent but not ear-popping dynamics. Horns aren't for me.
OK- Classic Audio Loudspeakers. They image extremely well and dance circles around any Focal I've heard. They have gotten 'Best Sound at Show' a number of times (THE Show, RMAF, Axpona, CAF).

The bottom line is that until I hear a horn that sounds like a point-source I'm not going to like them.
The Classic Audio does that; the speakers vanish and do not call attention to themselves. Slight nuances in any recording are instantly audible as they are very fast and revealing (the first breakup occurs at 35KHz); IOW if you want "exceptional imaging, smooth response, and decent but not ear-popping dynamics" then horns may well be for you.

Post removed 
Jimspov,

Gramophone stores in Maryland recently added Klipsch Heritage and had a few models set up for demo. Nice add!

As I mentioned above, I recently heard Klipsch Forte and Heresy 3 models there.   Both passed with flying colors for me.   Heresy 3 are perhaps the lowest cost horns I have heard that I could live with.   
Acapella, Westlake, Avantgarde to name a few. Magicio Ultimate if you have 600k lying around.