Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
The MQA music is often very poorly recorded. I listen to them every single week when I look for new music. No audio format will ever give you a better result in the quality of the recording.
@bo1972,

do you ever compare an MQA streaming recording, to the native high rez file? it's easy. go to HD tracks and download the highest rez.

or maybe to the analog tape source? this is harder to do, but not impossible.

and what level of sources do you use for that high rez native file, or analog tape? this is an important part.

you have to properly hear the source to judge what MQA does......or does not....do.
I buy sometimes music over here: 

https://www.highresaudio.com/en/site/index

Many of the MQA recordings are recorded too loud and miss a lot of layering in sound. 

I am not interested in streaming, this is in my world only made for children. Not even when they paid me 100 euro each day I would start to stream by Tidal or Qobuz.

I have to say that I buy over 90% of all my music at Qobuz. I am not that impressed by MQA, to be honest. I own some DSD512 recordings, this is from another planet that makes MQA even laughable. I am an extreme perfectionist and only the best is good enough for me. 2nd best and less is only made for the born losers on this planet.

Why you would give your clients less than the best possible? We want our clients to get the best quality for their hard-earned money. We take care of all our clients independently. I don't do this for money, but to help people to get a Tru-Fi system.

I make all incomplete (lacking one or more aspects of sound) systems complete by implying the aspects of sound which are missing. Because this is the only option to make people happy with their system. So they will want to use it every single day!
I will have the Bartok for tests soon. I am looking for hiend streamer not particularly for dac but...
I am using Dave with Blu. What a nonsense to use Dave with M-scaller. M-scaller is for TT2, Hugo2 maybe... but Dave? Suffice to say that Dave is another level device when used with Blu.
I was asking Lumin about x1 limited only to streaming functions but they said it is a corporate secret (next products). Man, most of the worlds you red in previous posts are crap. Stop asking and start listening for yourself. You can change voice characteristic of you system with cables only. Starting from power ones. When you start to talk about HiEnd use ears and brain and forgot about other fantasy stories. Bartok this, Lumin that... such stupid crap. Thrust your ears first.
At this moment I do not advise any DAC separately. Because of our modified Lumin players outperform them all easily.

When we modify a Lumin and use a modified power supply, it surpasses all DACS in dynamics, layering, and details. We also outperform them in a much bigger holographic 3-dimensional stage. And a superior individual focus of voices and instruments.

We always ask new clients to bring in their digital source or DAC. We are so far ahead of everyone that it will never become an honest comparison. Even when we play the first song they know our set-up is far superior. An extreme perfectionist always wants to win. 2nd place and less is for all born losers in this world. And has no meaning in my world

People have no idea what the DNA is of most products. Most network players and DACS own a 2D stage DNA. It doesn’t matter which cables you will connect, it still will be 2-dimensional. We can not even change that by modifications.

When manufacturers already made the wrong decisions, consumers can never solve them. We create new levels of quality in all different price ranges. Every modification must have no competition. This means that for the costs it is not possible to create the same level in quality by using the money differently.

Our modified Lumin X1 makes a Lumin X1 out of a box come from another planet and of another league. Perfectionism is also a choice in life. I have a client from Austria and he bought in 2019 a Lumin D2 with an AudioFacts Pro modification (1098 euro) and a modified Sbooster 489 euro together for 3849 euros.

He is a member of an audio club in his country. There were 2 people in his audio club who had a streamer combination of 13000 and 14000 euro. They were seen as the reference players of the audio club. But when he took his modified Lumin D2 and modified Sbooster he outperformed the 13000 and 14000 euro set-ups.

We see it as our task and responsibility to create new standards in audio for prices people can afford. We can think and work so much more precisely thanks to thousands of hours in research. Audio is so complex and most people forgot to learn most aspects who also influence sound&stage.

bo1972...you are unbearably arrogant for no discernible reason. humility is something you might try if you want people to listen to you.
i cannot imagine a worse experience than auditioning gear with you.