High quality high pass filtering for speakers?

Is there a good option for high-passing the speaker connection in a high-end system? 

I want this for a few reasons.
1. NO loudspeakers will come close to a really good standalone sub. Even $20k + speakers end up with really bad distortion at 50hz.
2. My sub has 3 parametric EQs, which helps tremendously in dealing with a 12db spike I have around 60hz. It's no help at all if the speakers are playing that frequency.
3. Even with 2-way speakers, there is still a lot of overlap between sub and speakers without a high pass. Not ideal.
sboje
Should say it also depends on what you want to fix.

If you want to minimize your main amplifier's output, you want an active crossover before the amp.

If you want to perfect the integration between your sub --> room and sub --> satellites, a miniDSP on the sub alone will do it for you. :) requires measurement and iterations.

Best,

E
Post removed 
Post removed 
ive build a DIY Pass B1 pre amp and integrated at line level a 1st order high pass. by changing a resistor, I can change the cut off setting. for highpass under 100hz, highpass at line level is the only sensible way to do it. with a switch I can bypass the high pass. my test indicate this method is absolutely transparent and only bring benefits to my small P3ESR.

it transformed my p3esr, some sounds were blurried and is now revealed, its like a layer of details emerge. the p3esr w/ highpass + subwoofer competes with my shl5+ in most ways